Packaging Impressions's 10 Most Viewed Items in 2019
2019 was a year that brought a wide range of topics to the forefront here at Packaging Impressions, and we were glad to be able to bring you the latest on all the happenings in the industry. This year, we expanded our content offerings, supplementing our in-depth articles with videos, survey-based research, and much more. So, to celebrate the final day of 2019, take a stroll down memory lane and relive the top 10 most viewed items from the past 12 months, as determined by you, our reader.
- 2018 State of the Industry Report: Innovation Leads to Label Segment Growth - At the start of 2019, we released a report designed to give label printers and converters insight into the latest trends driving the market and how to evolve in a changing industry.
- 5 Packaging Trends to Watch in 2019 - Based on interviews with three packaging experts, these five packaging design trends stood out with the potential impact they could have on the industry in 2019.
- A Look Inside Loop's Groundbreaking Reusable Packaging System - One of the most exciting initiatives for Packaging Impressions in 2019 was the launch of POW! And one episode in particular seemed to garner the most attention. Loop, a groundbreaking reusable packaging system that takes the concept of reusability to a whole new level, was kind enough to send us samples of their innovative packaging.
- Digitally Printed Pouch Pinpoints Where Your Ingredients Were Grown - Another episode of POW! that is at the top of the list of most viewed items this year, was a stand-up pouch printed by Inland Packaging for Three Farmers roasted chickpeas. Each pouch includes a code to be submitted online, which then provides information detailing where the chickpeas were grown and when they were harvested.
- Packaging’s Next Evolution - Earlier in the year, we explored how as packaging becomes more individualized and high-tech, certain design shifts being implemented may be more than just trends, but the next evolution in the packaging experience.
- A Sweet Victory for this Year's Best of Show Winner - When Hershey’s was on the hunt for a new packaging format for its iconic Special Dark Nuggets with Almonds, it turned to American Packaging Corp. to get the job done. The result was the winner of Best of Show in the 33rd annual Packaging Impressions Excellence Awards (No. 8 on this list).
- Research: Brands and Converters Weigh in on Digital Packaging - To uncover the key trends and market influences driving the use of digital printing in packaging, NAPCO Research conducted a study that focused on the demands, challenges, and requirements of brand owners and packaging producers.
- 2019 Packaging Impressions Excellence Awards Winners Revealed - Every year, the Packaging Impressions Excellence Awards is one of the most highly anticipated issues of the magazine. This year was no exception, with nearly 200 entries in a variety of categories.
- Exploring Opportunities In Narrow-Web Flexible Packaging and Shrink Sleeves - Label printers with modern narrow-web presses are exploring growth strategies in flexible packaging and shrink sleeves, but companies that want to expand into these emerging segments should be prepared to do some homework.
- The Packaging Needs of the Emerging Cannabis Industry - What was once an illegal, underground trade, has become a booming industry, packed with opportunity for packaging professionals. However, there are several key elements to be aware of when exploring this space.