packagePRINTING's 2002 Hot List
These products and companies were the most sought-after in 2002 by packagePRINTING readers.
Top 10: Prepress Equipment
1. Creo—PDF-based packaging workflow Prinergy Powerpack, copydot scanning systems, film imagers, and CtP devices
2. Agfa—Workflow and color management systems including the AgfaScan XY-15 Plus, Sherpa 43 Inkjet system, and Lithostar plates
3. Kodak Polychrome Graphics—Offers Digital and conventional plates, film, and proofing and color technologies including the Kodak Approval XP unit
4. BASF—Offers Nyloflex® and Nyloprint® equipment combinations for processing photopolymer flexo and letterpress plates and sleeves
5. MacDermid—Broad range of sheet, liquid, digital, and water-wash photopolymer plates, platemaking equipment, sleeves, and plate mounting systems
6. J.V. Imaging—Distributors of AsahiKASEI corrugated and process plates for flexo applications
7. Anderson & Vreeland—Photopolymer plate processing systems and rubber plate molding presses
8. X-Rite—Digital densitometers to ease prepress, ink, or press-side color evaluations
9. DuPont Cyrel—Cyrel® photopolymer plates/prepress systems, including the Cyrel FAST thermal technology
10. Corotron—Manufacturers of the eXact high-definition flexo plate exposure unit
Others: Beta Industries, Conversource, Esko-Graphics, and E.L. Harley
Top 10: Presses
1. Mark Andy/Comco—Printing and converting systems for the narrow-web packaging market
2. Gallus—Manufacturer of label printing and converting equipment including the Gallus EM 280 Plug & Print system
3. PCMC—Manufacturers of the Webtron and ZIGZAG press lines, for the flexographic printing industry
4. Ko-Pack—Equipment includes the All-in-One-Pass E-Class and C-Class letterpress, and specialty film and flexible packaging presses
5. Windmoeller & Hoelscher—Manufacturer and distributor of narrow-, mid-, and wide-web press lines
6. Chromas—Narrow-web presses for tags/labels, flexible packaging, folding cartons
7. Wolverine Flexographic—Mid- to wide-web flexo presses, including the Bull-Gear Stack-Type press
8. HP Indigo—Digital in-line, off-line presses for labels, films, and cartons, including the new web-fed ws4000
9. Kidder—6-, 8-, and 10-color flexo CI presses
- Acucote Inc.
- Agfa Corp.
- Allison Systems Corp.
- American Die Technology
- API Foils
- Artwork Systems
- Avery Dennison
- Beta Industries
- CC1, Inc.
- Coast Controls, Inc.
- Contract Converting
- Conversource Inc.
- CRC Information Systems
- Crown Roll Leaf Inc.
- DNP IMS America Corp.
- Eastman Kodak, Graphic Communications Group
- Edward Graphic Supplies
- Flint Group
- Foster Manufacturing
- Gallus Inc.
- Granwell Products
- INX International Ink Co.
- Mark Andy
- Monroe Electronics
- Moreland Machinery
- Pearl Technologies
- Pillar Technologies
- Plastic Suppliers, Inc.
- Polywest Americas
- SIMCO Industrial Static Control
- Solo Systems
- Sonic Solutions
- Specialty Tapes
- Sun Chemical Corp.
- Tidland Corp.
- Water Ink Technologies
- X-Rite Inc.