Printer News - June 2011
TLMI Members Win World Label Awards
PALM BEACH, Fla.—The World Label Awards Competition includes first-place winners from association label competitions around the globe including TLMI, the Japanese Label Foundation (JFLP), Europe's FINAT, the Australian Label Association (LATMA), and Self Adhesive Label Manufacturers Association of New Zealand (SALMA).
This year's TLMI converter member award winners include:
• ASL Print FX won for its 'Dan Aykroyd Sauvignon Blanc' label
• McDowell Label & Screen Printing won twice for 'Hempz Original Body Moisturizer' and 'Hempz Pure Herbal Extracts' labels
• Smyth Companies, Inc. won for 'The Silver Ticket' label
• Bonham Label LLC won for the company's 'Van Ruiten Pinot Noir' label
• YORK Label won two awards for 'Jade Mountain' and 'Decoy' labels
• TAPP Technologies of Canada won for its 'Quails Gate' label
• MPI Label Systems of California won for the company's 'Sloth' label
• Dow Industries won for 'IZOD Body Spray'
TLMI converter member honorable mention award winners include:
• Labeltronix for its 'Lean 'N complete' label
• Consolidated Label Company for 'Kana Cuban Coffee Roasters' label
ASL Print FX's award-winning label
Multi-Color's New Latin American Operations
CINCINNATI, Ohio—Multi-Color Corporation (MCC) announced agreements to buy 70 percent ownership in two label operations in Latin America: one in Santiago, Chile and the other in Mendoza, Argentina, with regional partner Fernando Aravena owning the remaining 30 percent. Aravena has more than 25 years experience in the Latin American label industry as owner and manager of operations in Chile, Argentina, Mexico, and Peru.
Existing business assets will be transferred to two new companies, Collotype Labels (Chile) S.A. and Collotype Labels (Argentina) S.A. The companies will focus on providing premium labels to the expanding Latin American wine and spirit markets and thus will operate using MCC's Collotype trade name.