packagePRINTING's 2001 HOT LIST
What products and companies were most sought-after in 2001 by packagePRINTING readers? Here's the scoop on the year's most-wanted technologies, ranked below based on responses to both editorial features and display advertising.***
TOP 10: Prepress Equipment
1. Anderson & Vreeland—Photopolymer plate processing systems, rubber plate molding presses, flexo platemaking materials, digital imaging systems and software
2. DuPont Cyrel—Photopolymer plate and prepress systems, including Cyrel FAST thermal technology
3. BASF—Nyloflex® and nyloprint® equipment combinations for processing flexo and letterpress plates and sleeves
4. MacDermid—Sheet, liquid, digital, and water-wash photopolymer plates, platemaking equipment, sleeves, and plate mounting systems for flexo printing
5. CreoScitex—PDF-based packaging workflow Prinergy Powerpack, copydot scanning systems, film imagers, and CTP devices
6. Kodak Polychrome Graphics— Kodak Approval XP digital proofing system, and conventional and thermal plate products
7. Barco Graphics—Imagesetters, CDI computer-to-plate flexo imagers, PackEdge prepress software
8. Agfa—Workflow and color management software, Sherpa ink jet proofers, Advantra imagesetters, Galileo/Xcalibur VLF platesetters
9. RBCOR—Water-wash photopolymer letterpress, dry offset plates, and solvent, aqueous flexo plates
10. Engview Systems—EV SYNERGY design software for packaging CAD systems
TOP 10: Presses
1. Mark Andy/Comco—Printing and converting systems for the narrow-web packaging market
2. Gallus—Label printing and converting equipment for flexo, UV flexo, letterpress, screen, and offset applications
3. Windmoeller & Hoelscher—Flexo and gravure flexible packaging and folding carton presses
4. Propheteer—Narrow-web presses for flexo, rotary screen, UV flexo, hot stamping, rotary letterpress
5. Allied Gear & Machine—Narrow-web flexo presses, including GiDue's Combat
6. Kidder—6-, 8-, and 10-color flexo central impression presses
7. Ko-Pack—All-In-One-Pass letterpresses and specialty presses for tube, carton, and film applications
8. Chromas Technologies—Narrow-web presses for tags/labels, flexible packaging, folding cartons
9. Bobst Group—Dynaflex flexo press for folding cartons
10. PCMC—8-, 10-, and 11-color mid- and wide-web presses; eXtreme dryer technology
- AAA Press Int'l
- Agfa Corp.
- American Die Technology
- API Foils
- Avery Dennison
- CC1, Inc.
- Coast Controls, Inc.
- Contract Converting
- Corona Designs
- Crown Roll Leaf Inc.
- CTC Int'l
- Eastman Kodak, Graphic Communications Group
- Flint Group
- Gallus Inc.
- Gerber Innovations
- Granwell Products
- Mark Andy
- Max Daetwyler Corp.
- Plastic Suppliers, Inc.
- Powell Engineering
- Retroflex Inc.
- SIMCO Industrial Static Control
- Solo Systems
- Sun Chemical Corp.
- Tidland Corp.
- Wilson Manufacturing