USDA Appoints 2023 Paper and Packaging Board Members
The Paper and Packaging Board (P+PB) announces three new board members appointed by USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, whose terms begin immediately. Appointed to three-year terms are Santiago Arbelaez, International Paper, and Alpa Sutaria, WestRock. Appointed for a one-year term is Jonathan Kraft, The Kraft Group.
An eight-member Board of Directors representing the four grades of paper funding the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds campaign oversees the paper and packaging sectors’ national promotion program focused on sustainability and recycling.
Officers and board members for 2023 are:
- Chair: Jonathan Kraft, President, The Kraft Group
- Vice Chair: Rob Melton, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Pulp and Paper, Domtar
- Secretary/Treasurer: James Harrell, Division Vice President, Industrial Products/Paper Divisions-Europe, Sonoco
- At-Large Member: Beth-Cormier, Vice President of Research, Development and Sustainability, Sappi
- Santiago Arbelaez, Vice President Strategy, North America, International Paper
- Richard Bennett, Vice President of Paperboard Sales & Marketing, Pactiv Evergreen
- Scott Light, Executive Vice President, Packaging & Cellulose, Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Alpa Sutaria, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Sustainability, WestRock
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Packaging Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Packaging Impressions.