Power Up Your Package Design Strategy at BRAND United University
Product packaging is a multi-purpose marketing tool. Strategic package design can capture consumers’ attention at a glance, then convey key features up close to persuade them to purchase. After checkout, packaging functionality can make or break a product experience — and win or lose you repeat customers. To sharpen your package design strategy, we invite you to virtually gather with industry experts for an overview of packaging trends and innovations during BRAND United University on Sept. 29, 2020.
The second course of this free professional development program is focused on High-Impact Package Design, Decoration & Technology, and will showcase how creative packaging impacts conversions and sales, as well as enhances the consumer experience. Rather than just talk about what makes packaging effective, our expert speakers will show you through examples and case studies. During the course, be sure to submit your questions for our speakers!
What You’ll Learn
- In a keynote case study, Matterful Brands Founder Joey Rosa will detail his team’s bold move to design around QR codes in their packaging for protein bar EatMezcla — plus how it paid off and encouraged consumer participation in an art movement. You’ll come away with fresh perspective on developing a successful food and beverage brand for the modern marketplace.
- Armed with consumer statistics, Mintel Global Packaging Director David Luttenberger will discuss solutions vs. disruptions in packaging and how brands can make connections with consumers on different emotional levels to stand out on shelf.
- FORCEpkg Partner Tom Newmaster will explain how his agency helped clients from two different product categories redesign their packaging to motivate consumers to purchase and create a better experience. From resealability to the unboxing process, he will share key considerations in each case study.
- Bringing insights from the manufacturer’s point-of-view, Dan Ahern, Director of Global Innovation and Design at Graphic Packaging International, will preview the company’s latest paper-based packaging innovations — including KeelClip™ technology for can tops.
- Toward the end of the course, we unite all of our speakers for a roundtable discussion led by Ron Sasine, Principal at Hudson Windsor. These packaging pros will share advice for young designers, discuss packaging sustainability vs. responsibility, and provide insight into the process of package design from ideation to production.
How to Attend
Click here to register for the package design track of BRAND United University, taking place from 2 pm – 4 pm ET on Sept. 29. Registrants who can’t make it at that time can access the course on-demand after the live date.
Bonus points: Sign up for the morning session of BRAND United University, Print Marketing for Maximum Optichannel Performance. Learn more about the full event here.