No Hiding From Global Realities
The Packaging & Label Gravure Association has now broadened its scope from North America to "Global". The reason is straight forward - "reality:"
* Advanced gravure printing is now available "Globally"
* Competition for U.S. packaging & label application is rapidly becoming "Global".
* Virtually all equipment and printing supplies are available "Globally".
* Packaging technology and design is becoming "Global" in application.
* Major brand owners are marketing and manufacturing their products "Globally".
* Leading consumer products retailers have become "Global" in reach.
* PLGA membership - converters and suppliers - is taking on a "Global" character.
* Partnering and strategic alliances are growing as options to acquisition or merger for "Global" participation.
These trends offer both challenges and opportunities to the packaging & label converters. Therefore, it has become an absolute necessity that the PLGA become the PLGA Global in all aspects to best serve its membership and best promote the Gravure Printing Process. There is another reality; there is no room for the "NIH Factor" (Not Invented Here). Locate this "factor" and wipe it out no matter where it has infected your company. You have help to do so. PLGA Global is dedicated to designing conferences and programs that provide the needed useable/actionable information on advanced technology related to the gravure process, the latest in equipment and printing supplies, as well as insights into the evolutions and revolutions that are occurring in product /market sectors, wherever they are occurring globally. Take note of the upcoming Ninth Annual Conference "Gravure Leads the Way" March 1-3, 2006 in Miami, Florida. (www.plga.com) PLGA Global has "got it right."