Clemson Hosts Extended Color Gamut Seminar
Clemson and The Sonoco Institute are hosting the Expanded Color Gamut (ECG) seminar December 16-18 in Clemson, S.C. Participants will learn about the expanded gamut workflow, toolset, opportunities, and challenges relating to this technology.
This 2.5-day seminar allows the participants to run a calibration, characterization, and final job in both CMYK plus spots, and as 7-color process on packaging substrates on a state-of-the-art flexographic press. It emphasizes specialized hands-on activities, as well as presentations discussing key learnings and best practices.
The seminar uses state-of-the-art software, color management, and flexographic equipment to allow attendees to put their hands-on the ECG process workflow, while engaging with industry experts around this beneficial technology.
• Defining Expanded Gamut Inks and Creating Standards
• Press Calibration and Characterization
• Selective Gamut Expansion and Spot Color Conversion
• Production Color Separation and Proofing
• Production Printing and Process Control Analysis
Presentations Topics Include:
• Why Expanded Color Gamut for Your Packaging
• Defining Expanded Gamut Inks and Process Limitations
• Color Tolerances, Process Control, and Managing Expectations
• Proofing Options and Considerations for Expanded Gamut
• Implementing Technology and the “Tipping Point”
New this time around: EskoArtwork is sponsoring an included pre-seminar primer on color management, curves, and calibration. Plan on attending this event December 15 if you need a refresher prior to digging in with ECG.
Learn more details and register online at www.clemson.edu/sonoco_institute.