OMET and EskoArtwork Host Packed Seminar at Clemson
CLEMSON, S.C.—Judging by the the number of attendees and their comments, “The Future of Flexo” seminar presented by OMET and EskoArtwork at the Sonoco Packaging Institute at Clemson University was a big success. A capacity crowd of 60 participants crowded into the Packaging Institute to hear about the latest technologies from an assortment of suppliers, learn about expanded-gamut printing from the two featured speakers, as well as view hi-def and expanded-gamut printing running on the OMET Varyflex press.
Attendees heard from and had hands-on demos from the following sponsors and their new technologies:
• EskoArtwork—Equinox expanded-gamut and hi-def software;
• Harper—QD proofing system;
• Environmental Inks—Fastmatch color management system;
• Flint Group—Ultra thin plates;
• Anderson-Vreeland—Plate measurement devices;
• OMET—Varyflex press with low waste, quick change features running three different jobs on two different substrates.
Featured speakers included:
• Mark Samworth of EskoArwork presenting the advantages of expanded-gamut for packaging;
• John Fulcoly of Packaging CPR spoke about commercial considerations of expanded-gamut printing for packaging based on his 25 years of experience implementing a large North American expanded-gamut platform.
OMET and EskoArtwork will repeat this seminar in the spring of 2010, as well as present seminars/workshops on other pertinent packaging topics next year at the Sonoco Packaging Institute. If you are interested in learning more about this or upcoming seminars, contact Steve Leibin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860-232-2323 x132.