Folder/Gluers Technology Showcase
Company: Heidelberg, www.us.heidelberg.com
Product: Diana X 115
What is it?: Heidelberg’s new Diana X 115 folder/gluer features an open-frame design and modularity that allows customization for folding carton converters.
• From the prefolder to the folding station, all upper and lower roller bars, including the center carrier, are integrated into the AutoSet system for fully automatic make-ready
• With the turning module, speciality cartons can now be folded and glued in one pass
• The modularity of Diana X 115 allows for a tailor-made configuration for processing a virtually unlimited range of folding cartons
• Precise and reliable processing of complex blanks
• User friendly and highly automated
• The DIAlog electronic concept makes possible fast changeovers, particularly for repeat orders
• Diana X 115 folding carton gluers have an open design and feature extremely low side walls
packagePRINTING notes: Heidelberg officially unveiled its Diana X 115 at drupa in Dusseldorf, Germany in its package printing hall. The new folder/gluer processes high-quality, complex folding cartons in both long and short runs, and its modular design boosts the potential for customization. Its working width is 115 cm (45.28 in.). The Diana X 115 has been designed to processes board for folding cartons with weights ranging from 200 to 900 gm/sq.m., as well as N, F, E, and B flute corrugated board. More than 200,000 cartons can be processed per hour at speeds of up to 650 meters (2,130 ft.) per minute. This high capacity is actively supported by the Diana Feeder and the new Diana Packer. Fully automatic changeover also allow for short makeready times. Further advantages include maintenance-free servo drive technology, a safety concept with light grids, and a new roller bar and transportation concept that increase flexibility and accelerates adjustment.
Company: Bobst Group North America, www.bobstgroup.com
Product: MASTERFOLD Folder Gluer