Labeltronix Wins Five FTA Awards
ORANGE, Calif.—Labeltronix took home the most gold medals in the 2011 Excellence in Flexography Awards, Narrow Web Category. The results of the national competition were announced in early May at the FTA Annual Meeting.
Labeltronix was honored with three gold awards, one silver, and one bronze. Judges recognized Labeltronix-produced wine and nutraceutical labels.
Sponsored by the Flexographic Technical Association (FTA), the competition showcases flexography’s most impressive work. “Winning three gold medals—and other awards—demonstrates that we hold ourselves up to the highest standards when we print labels for our clients,” says John Trail, president of Labeltronix.
The labels that won are:
• Gold Award for Screen, Uncoated – Trinitas 2008 Mysterium California Red Wine Label
• Gold Award for Process, Uncoated – Eagle Castle 2009 Chardonnay Label
• Gold Award for Process, Metalized – NLN Chocolate Banana Lean Pro Matrix™ Label
• Silver Award for Process, Uncoated, South Coast Winery 2008 Wild Horse Peak Mountain Vineyards Label
• Bronze Award for Process, Film – Ruby Cuvée Temecula Valley Sparkling Syrah Label
The awards showcased Labeltronix’ innovative technology, which includes “high-definition flexo” color printing that produces photo-quality labels. The color on these labels has a “real-life” look.
“We are the first—and only—label printing business in the country capable of delivering this premium quality on every order, every day,” says Trail. “One of our bedrock goals is to produce the highest quality labels available in the market while using Lean Labeling, which produces those labels at a cost and delivery that can’t be beat.
“We go for the gold on every project,” he continues. “That attitude is reflected in our ISO 9001:2008 certification, which we earned last year. It’s the standard of excellence we continue to maintain for ourselves, whether we are entered into a competition, or not.”