XSYS to Host Third Annual Print Awards at Labelexpo Europe
BRUSSELS, Belgium—XSYS Print Solutions has announced a call for entries for the XSYS Print Awards 2007. The third annual event will be held at Labelexpo Brussels with awards presented the last day of the show on September 29, 2007. Label converters from all over the world are encouraged to submit sample labels of their choosing for evaluation by a panel of industry judges. Criteria for judging includes registration, smoothness of dot/vignette, overall print quality, and degree of difficulty. Entries will be placed in categories relating to technology and application.
XSYS awarded 11 companies with 14 awards at Labelexpo Chicago 2006. Categories included WB Flexo, UV Flexo, Combination Printing, Specialty Printing, and UV Flexo for Shrink. Award winners included McDowell Label & Screen Printing, Smyth Companies, Labels West, Steinhauser, Nosco, Advanced Label, WS Packaging, Prakolar, Adhepel Etiquetas, Kromos
Producoes Graficas, and Kontur Printing House. Roughly 30 print samples were submitted for consideration from around the world. Judging this event were Mike Buystedt and Niklas Olsson of XSYS, Ray Mackura of Avery Dennison, and Terry Trexler of Gallus.
1. Each entry must be printed using inks from XSYS Print Solutions.
2. Entries can be a commercial label or a promotional label.
3. Entries can be sent in roll or sheet form with no less than 100 of each label; converters will be contacted to verify if rolls can be displayed in the XSYS booth.
4. Entries should be received no later than August 10, 2007.
5. Entries should be submitted direct to XSYS Print Solutions.
Visit www.xsysprintsolutions.com for more information.