SGIA Debuts 'COVID-19: Ask the Experts' Webinar Series
The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has launched a new webinar series designed to address critical issues facing the printing industry today, amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The free “COVID-19: Ask the Experts” webinar series, powered by PRINTING United, will be offered semimonthly and feature key updates on a variety of topics to help businesses overcome operational challenges.
Joe Marin, VP of Education and Training, PIA, will moderate the series. The series began on Monday, April 27, with Lisbeth Lyons, VP of Government and External Affairs, PIA, presenting: “Government Response Updates.” This archived webinar can be viewed on demand by registering here.
This webinar includes the latest updates on COVID response, actions, and plans from Congress and the White House that specifically affect printing industry businesses.
In this 60-minute webinar, attendees will gain insight on:
- The latest Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) updates for small and mid-sized business relief
- Implications of tax and labor policy changes
- What the “Phase 4” stimulus might look like
- How USPS is faring and what relief it might get
- When and how the U.S. economy will reopen and employers' roles
“Right now, we have an obligation to come together and do whatever it takes to help one another during this unexpected interruption in normal, day-to-day business,” says James Martin, Executive Vice President, SGIA. “Uniting the industry means we come together during the good, the bad, and every time in between. Collaboration doesn’t stop when times get tough; it means we work to support one another more than ever, and this series, and these resources we’re building, serve to do just that.”
Upcoming “Ask the Experts” Webinars in the Series
Future “COVID-19: Ask the Experts” webinars are scheduled as follows and are being presented by leading thought contributors to the COVID-19 Resource Channel, recently launched by SGIA in collaboration with NAPCO Media, PIA and PIA affiliates to help serve the industry during this unprecedented time.
Further session details and registration will be forthcoming:
- May 11, 2 PM ET: Presented by Andy Paparozzi, Chief Economist, SGIA
- May 29, 2 PM ET: Special PSP Feature Webinar
- June 8, 2 PM ET: Presented by Adriane Harrison, VP of Human Relations, PIA
- June 22, 2 PM ET: Presented by Marci Kinter, VP of Government Affairs, SGIA; and Gary Jones, Director of Environmental, Health and Safety Affairs, SGIA
To view the recorded “Government Response Updates” webinar that was held on Monday, April 27, please click here.
Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) is the premier printing and graphic arts trade organization that provides members with cutting edge resources, tools and education to promote growth and convergence into new market segments. SGIA members have unparalleled access to current industry information, trends and events including, but not limited to, PRINTING United in Atlanta on October 21 - 23, 2020. For more information, visit SGIA.org.