Plate Mounting Technology Showcase
Company: J M Heaford Limited, www.jmheaford.co.uk
Product: Flexo Plate Mounter Proofer (Viper)
What is it?: A device with cameras for attaching flexo printing plates to print sleeves in register using microdot technology and, afterwards, making a printed proof of the plates to confirm register, separations, and plate quality.
• High magnification cameras, servo drives, and PLC control
• Simple touch-screen operator interface for ease of use
• High-quality construction for extreme repeatable accuracy, low maintenance, and a long operating life.
Company: DuPont Imaging Technologies, packaging-graphics.dupont.com
Product: Cyrel Microflex 850 mm
What is it?: A plate mounting system, developed for narrow- and mid-web label printing presses.
• Can mount plates up to a maximum size of 33.5 inches in width and 30 inches in repeat
• A shaft, identical to those used on press, holds the sleeves during mounting
• Two cameras, with enlargement factors of 40x, that are moved manually into position and a digital readout that tells the operator the exact position
• Direct display of the image on the monitors for precision during mounting
• Circumferential positions are given by a 12-step, manual-dividing head.
Company: Rogers Corporation, www.rogerscorporation.com
Product: R/bak SA 3000 Series
What is it?: A series of cushion mounting materials for flexographic printing applications, from process work to combination jobs, as well as line and solid work.
• Three levels of compressibility that accommodate the full range of flexographic printing applications
• Fast startups, high line speeds, and few press adjustments, contributing to improved operating printing performance
• Cushioning required to absorb shock
Company: Mark Andy, www.markandy.com
Product: Mark Andy VPM400
What is it?: A high-quality video plate mounting system.
• Dual cameras with single split screen
• Fully adjustable mounting table
• Precision camera and plate cylinder mounting rails
• LED lighting for clear visibility
Company: 3M, www.3m.com
Product: 12 Series tapes
What are they?: The 12 Series tapes, part of the 3M Cushion-Mount™ Plus Tapes line, are designed for mounting flexographic print plates on high- speed presses.
• Stability with less bounce on faster presses, and print clean fine-type reverses and rich halftones
• Microchannels in the adhesive allow air to release, eliminating bubble problems
• Easy mount adhesive (E1215/E1220) and high plateside adhesion (E1215H/E1229H) that provide easy plate removal for large diameter print cylinders and plate thicknesses of 0.067˝ or less
Company: Anderson & Vreeland, www.andersonvreeland.com
Product: Mount-O-Matic 1500 MK II
What is it?: A computer-controlled mounting/proofing machine for flexographic photopolymer printing plates.
• Mounting table with micro adjustment for the positioning of the plates.
• Two computer-controlled high-resolution cameras that include split-screen monitors with very high magnification
of the coordinates.
• Camera enlargement that is adjustable to 30 to 35 times the proofing cylinder.
Company: E.L. Harley, www.elharleyinc.com
What is it?: A narrow-web mounting/proofing machine.
• 3˝ to 24˝ maximum repeat
• Precision linear rails and bearings designed for accuracy
• Smooth full-color proofing
• High-resolution CCD cameras
• Smooth backlash-free control
Company: tesa tape, inc., www.tesatape.com
Product: tesa® 52223 Softprint x-Soft
What is it?: A soft foam plate mounting tape.
• Ability to overcome press bounce, as the micro-cell foam is able to absorb uncontrolled energy within the press.
• Soft foam backing
• Cushioning that transfers high screen counts to the substrate with minimized dot gain at production press speeds
Company: Edward Graphics, www.egs.com
Product: Eclipse Cushion Tape®
What is it?: A stickyback cushion adhesive tape
• The reinforced base offers a stable backing for tight register and ease in mounting and repositioning
• Provides firm adhesion to various printing plate surfaces, cylinders and sleeves
• Increases tack under pressure, but releases cleanly after use
Company: Venture Tape, www.venturetape.com
Product: Magnagrip magnetic plate mounting system
What is it?: A 2.0 mil, high-strength metal that is coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive system and used to hold all varieties of flexographic printing plates on magnetic cylinders.
• Plate bonds to the liner side which is coated with a solvent resistant acrylic adhesive while the exposed side bonds directly to the magnetic cylinder.
• Holds plates securely during extended print runs even at elevated temperatures and press speeds.
• Total Thickness(Exclusive of liner): 3.5 mils (.0035˝) 0.090 mm pP