A New Look —Polischuk
packagePRINTING has a new look! With this issue, we are rolling out a revamped editorial package to enhance our ability to provide the information you need to operate and grow your package-printing businesses. Each issue will include a number of feature articles, along with regular departments, that focus on specific trends in the industry. Feature stories focus on issues from a printer's perspective, with topics highlighting profitability, cost-reduction, and strategies package printers can use to become more efficient and effective. Additional articles delve into graphic design and customer needs, along with current issues that are impacting the package-printing industry.
To provide broader coverage of key topics, we have expanded the number of departments that run on a regular basis. In addition to ongoing printer, supplier, and product news, we are including departments that –focus on sustainability, digital printing, innovative packaging designs, and developing technologies. These new departments include:
• Sustainability Watch: Greenhouse gases, carbon footprint, renewable sourcing—these are just a few of the subjects grabbing the attention of the package-printing industry. This department will provide the latest information on innovative products, important news, and sustainability applications that affect the printing industry.
• Digital Domain: More and more printers are adding digital capabilities to their toolboxes, including digital offset, inkjet, and toner-based technologies. Digital Domain will help package-printers keep up-to-date with the latest information on this fast-moving segment.
• Design Innovation: This section will highlight some of the innovative packaging implementations making a positive impact on store shelves.
• Technology's Edge: Package printers use technology to stay ahead of the competition. This department will provide the latest information on state-of-the-art developments, bleeding-edge technologies, and other technologies on the horizon that may play an important part in your businesses several years down the road.
• Coast to Coast: Look here for a roundup of who is buying the latest printing equipment, systems, and services across North America.