PIA anounces InterTech Awards
PITTSBURGH—Printing Industries of America (PIA) announced the recipients of the 2009 InterTech™ Technology Awards. The independent panel of judges deliberated over technology submissions ranging from process control tools and MIS applications, to digital and offset presses. Recurring themes in 2009 InterTech nominations were process efficiency, integration, and improved manufacturing performance through the use of innovative technologies. Great strides in technology were demonstrated in four primary areas: innovative workflow integration and implementation, digital press design, color matching across devices and management of color data, and improved user operation resulting in reduced makeready time and cost.
The 2009 InterTech Technology Award recipients are:
• CGS Publishing Technologies International for ORIS Press Matcher
• Eastman Kodak Company for KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Printing Systems
• Eastman Kodak Company for KODAK PRINERGY Digital Workflow
• Ebiz Products LLC for System100 Software
• FUJIFILM Graphic Systems U.S.A., Inc. for FUJIFILM Taskero Universe Color Path Verified Technology
• Heidelberg for Heidelberg Prinect Press Center
• Mitsubishi Lithographic Presses (MLP U.S.A., Inc.) for Diamond Color Navigator
• Punch Graphix Americas, Inc. for Xeikon 3300 Digital Color Label Press
• SoftSolutions, Inc. for Flex-Production Control System
Harper Names Anderson & Vreeland As Distributor
CHARLOTTE, N.C.—Global anilox supplier Harper Corporation of America has named Anderson & Vreeland of Bryan, Ohio, as its distributor for the sale of anilox rolls to the narrow-web, wide-web, and corrugated sectors for certain areas of the Western United States, including Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
"This is terrific for both of our companies," said Pete Hartman, vice president of sales at Harper Corporation. "We have known and respected the folks at Anderson & Vreeland for a very long time, and now we're very pleased to have a formal relationship with them. We know that Harper Corporation will be extremely well represented."