Oaktree Agrees to Sell NORDENIA
GREVEN, GERMANY—July 11, 2012—On July 10, 2012, the funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management—which is the majority shareholder of NORDENIA INTERNATIONAL AG ("NORDENIA”) since 2006, a multinational manufacturer of consumer packaging solutions and hygiene components—agreed to sell NORDENIA to Mondi Group, subject to the approval of competition authorities and customary
closing conditions. This was announced by Mondi Group today (July 11, 2012) in a stock exchange announcement (www.mondigroup.com/announcement11July). The completion of the acquisition is expected in the fourth quarter of 2012.
After the completion of the transaction, it is planned that the existing management team of NORDENIA will lead the combined Consumer Packaging business unit from its current headquarter in Greven,
Germany. NORDENIA’s companies (see below) will then also belong to the holding of the Mondi Group.
Peter Oswald, CEO Mondi Europe & International Division, and Ralph Landwehr, CEO NORDENIA, emphasize the benefits of a potential merger of two successful businesses: "Our customers are
a key focus. We consider the possible merger a very good opportunity to create a leading consumer packaging business and to offer our customers a wider product range and continued excellent
service”, say the two CEOs in unison.
The multinational consumer packaging solutions and hygiene components supplier NORDENIA has grown in fiscal year 2011. The Group sales increased by 9.9 percent to € 881.0 million, the sales
volumes increased year on year by 1.4 percent to 244,670 tons. The earnings position of the NORDENIA group has held its level in 2011: The adjusted EBITDA (adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, and other extraordinary expenses and income) amounted to € 101.1 million.
NORDENIA INTERNATIONAL AG is a multinational manufacturer of consumer packaging, and hygiene components. Core competencies include manufacturing, printing, coating and processing of high-quality films. As a leader in innovation and technology, 1/2 NORDENIA’s products are used in a wide variety of areas, mainly fast moving consumer goods (FMCG). NORDENIA employs around 3,000 people worldwide. The shared values serve as the foundation for their activities. With its seven shared values of Flexibility, Global, Independence, Innovation, Partnership, Passion for Excellence and Quality, NORDENIA has a partnership-oriented company culture.
NORDENIA Group companies at a glance
• NORDENIA DEUTSCHLAND Gronau GmbH
• NORDENIA DEUTSCHLAND Halle GmbH
• NORDENIA DEUTSCHLAND Halle GmbH, Plant Steinfeld
• NORDENIA DEUTSCHLAND Osterburken GmbH
• NORDENIA DEUTSCHLAND Lohne GmbH
• NORDENIA TECHNOLOGIES GmbH
• NORDENIA IT SERVICES GmbH
• NORDENIA IBERICA Barcelona, S.A.
• NORDENIA POLSKA Poznan Sp. z o.o.
• NORDENIA HUNGARY Kft.
• NORDENIA HUNGARY Kft. (Kecskemet)
• ZAO NORDENIA SLAVNIKA
• ZAO NORDENIA SLAVNIKA (Moscow Office)
• NORDENIA U.S.A, Inc. (Indian Creek)
• NORDENIA U.S.A, Inc. (Hubble Creek)
• Nordenia (China) Film Technology Co.,Ltd
• NORDENIA INTERNATIONAL AG, Shanghai Representative
• NORDENIA MALAYSIA Ipoh SDN. BHD. (Sungai Siput)
• NORDENIA MALAYSIA Ipoh SDN. BHD. (Chemor) Australia
• NORDENIA (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Source: NORDENIA INTERNATIONAL.