Komori to Focus on Benefits of Connected Automation at virtual.drupa
Komori Corporation announces its support and participation as a Gold Partner in virtual.drupa to be held April 20-23. Due to the ongoing pandemic, drupa, the largest global trade fair for the printing industry, will be available to attendees via an online format taking place at virtual.drupa.com.
Komori’s presentations will focus on the concept of “Connected Automation.” Drastic changes in the social and economic environment in recent years have led to a digital transformation (DX) in the printing industry, particularly in terms of how productivity and profits can be increased. Komori sees that innovation through DX of the entire production process is key to moving customers forward and the company is committed to providing solutions that make it possible to move smoothly through the digital realm.
Komori’s concept of Connected Automation seamlessly connects individual processes to create smart printing environments. Komori’s pressroom management software, KP-Connect Pro, integrates and controls management information systems (MIS) through prepress, press and postpress processes, drawing data from each function’s individual system. KP-Connect Pro is an open platform system that also allows printers to connect to various manufacturers and vendors so they can link to and integrate with existing devices, as well as new ones. The DX of the printing industry is already underway as more and more printing companies are adopting Connected Automation.
At the virtual.drupa Komori booth, printers will see firsthand the innovative solutions made possible by Connected Automation to create the smart printing factories of the future.
- Conference area
In the Conference area—pre-registration required—Komori invites visitors to experience many of its products, starting with the Lithrone Advance Series of presses, which provides high ROI based on automation technology designed to maximize productivity. At virtual.drupa, Komori will present the Connected Automation concept through two sessions: commercial printing and package printing. Participants should take particular notice of the core solution for building a smart factory, the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) KP-Connect Pro, as well as the world-class ROI-based printing presses, Lithrone GX/G Advance, and the 40-inch digital printing system, Impremia NS40, now available as a seven-color press. Each of these sessions will be presented in a condensed 30-minute format.
Commercial session: April 22 at 3:40 a.m. EDT
Highlighted in this session is the high-speed, stable printing of light stock by the Advance model and touchless automation technology. Komori will introduce three technologies:
- KP-Connect Pro press automation that links Komori machines and the postpress automation that links Apressia CTX132 and MBO K80.
- Parallel Makeready technology drastically reduces preparation time. The A-APC (Asynchronous Automatic Plate Changing System), blanket washing and pre-inking are performed in parallel and allow for quick start up.
- Real-time concentration and register adjustment by in-line quality inspection system and autopilot that self-judges print quality. These capabilities enable the shortest and most touchless production possible.
Productivity and operability have been drastically improved through automatic operation, eliminating the need for hands-on intervention from operators and through the use of presets for the high-level automation of job changeovers.
Packaging session: April 20 at 3:40 a.m. EDT
This session will highlight new technologies designed to reduce makeready time for package printing. Changing colors for special inks is a major source of production bottlenecks when printing packages and, to solve this problem, Komori proposes two primary solutions:
- Parallel Makeready for package printing means that ink roller washing can be performed simultaneously with plate changing and blanket washing.
- Komori’s Smart Color technology is a revolutionary solution capable of covering a wide color gamut without changing ink. Reproducing colors requires a high level of dot reproduction accuracy and Smart Color makes this possible through the Komorimatic dampening system, which minimizes as much water as possible from ink without allowing it to emulsify. Smart Color is an innovation that revolutionizes productivity for package printing by eliminating color changing.
Other options, such as the replaceable ink fountain system and the anilox roller changer can be available for more efficient color change. By eliminating production bottlenecks, Komori’s solutions achieve higher print quality and more efficient, higher productivity, even in package printing, which is becoming increasingly diversified and short-run.
- Exhibit space
Komori’s exhibit space will provide the latest information on Komori Corporation’s product lines.
- Networking Plaza
The Networking Plaza is a completely new project that allows visitors to communicate online with Komori personnel from each country and region.
The sessions at virtual.drupa will be held on Central European Time (UTC +1), so please be aware of the time difference from your region.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Packaging Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Packaging Impressions.