GOA 2010 Unveils Educational and Special Bonus Sessions
MIAMI BEACH, Fla.—According to show organizers, Graphics of the Americas (GOA) has more educational sessions and special bonus opportunities than ever to help professionals stay ahead of the industry curve at its 35th anniversary show being held on February 25-27 in Miami Beach, Florida.
Offering an educational schedule to equip printers, publishers, premedia, marketing, and design professionals with the tools and know-how to navigate the changing future of print, these multi-faceted sessions, led by key industry veterans, will prepare attendees for success in the decade ahead.
Microsoft Keynote Address
Principal Director of User Experience for Microsoft Surface, August de los Reyes, will present a keynote session entitled, “The Future of Communication: Design and Delivery” on Thursday, February 25, at 8:30 a.m. A member of the Advanced Studies Program at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, de los Reyes will offer an insightful peek into the future of communications.
George Ryan, GOA president, says, “The goal of our 35th anniversary show is to provide industry professionals an arena to not only view the latest technology from the 200+ exhibitors at the show this year, but also to have various opportunities to learn about the latest trends, tips, and counsel for the decade ahead. From the Microsoft keynote address to over 70 educational sessions to sessions being offered in Spanish, we are very pleased to be satisfying the needs and wants of all niches in the market.”
Education for the Next Decade
The most important and meaningful subject matter for graphic arts professionals will be discussed in each session, including trends and cost-effective tips and strategies for both the present and future.
Other highlights of this year’s expanded educational sessions include:
• 24 seminars with various tracks covering the latest in prepress, production, digital/inkjet, management, sales, and marketing
• 38 seminars for the art/design community produced by the American Graphics Institute (AGI)
• Renowned speakers from Clemson, Ryerson, NAPL, Printing Industries of America, MFSA
• Hands-on computer lab for data management and variable data printing
• 12 Spanish-only seminars with instructors from Spain and Latin America
• Brand Protection Conference, sponsored by Package Design Magazine