CMM Conference Program Focuses on Economy
TULSA, Okla.—With the theme of “Full Throttle Solutions for a Challenging Economy,” CMM International has unveiled a comprehensive conference program for this year's show.
Featuring three main educational tracks—Business Management, Technology, and Operations—hands-on workshops, panel discussions and presentations by the industry’s leading experts, the four-day conference program will provide converters from around the world with the valuable insight they need to run their business more effectively. Ranging from such practical operational sessions as Successful Web Handling Techniques & Technologies, to such valuable management sessions as Strategies To Excel In A Difficult Business Climate, the four-day, 60-session conference program was designed to complement the technologies attendees will see in operation on the exhibit floor.
“We worked very closely with our industry association and media partners to create a unique experience for converters whereby they can discover the latest trends and technologies in the educational sessions and then see the technology in operation on the exhibition floor,” said MaryBeth DeWitt, CMM Event Director.
Beginning with pre-conference workshops presented by industry expert Timothy Walker on Monday, June 1, the CMM conference program wraps up on Thursday, June 4 with a mega-session panel discussion: “Sustainability in Practice: Green Washing & Beyond”. The sessions announced as of March 1, 2009 include:
The Business Management Track features the following session topics:
• State of the Converting Community
• Building the Best Supply-Chain Communications
• Making the Business Case for “Green” Coatings
• Strategies to Excel in a Difficult Business Climate
The Technology Track features the following session topics:
• Enhancing Productivity Through Coating & Laminating
• The Importance of Color Management & Prepress Operations
• Increasing Efficiency with Lean Manufacturing
• Protecting Your Brand through Packaging
The Operations Track features the following session topics:
• Successful Web Handling Techniques & Technologies
• Handling, Reducing and Profiting from Waste
• Folding Carton Operations
• Managing Web Inspections to Perfection