Clemson University Offers Corrugated Packaging Series
CLEMSON, S.C.— Clemson University will offer a seminar series titled, “Orientation to Corrugated Packaging” March 2-4. The seminar will address the processes and industries surrounding corrugated packaging.
Corrugated is the largest packaging segment and spans many disciplines that have an opportunity to work together to add value and drive efficiencies. This seminar will start with a “customer order” and move through basic structural design, basic graphic design, production art, prototyping, performance testing, plate-making, printing, and converting.
Presentations topics include:
• Corrugated Market Segments and Industry Overview;
• Material Selection and Packaging Structure;
• Performance Design and Qualification;
• Graphic Decoration: Pre-Print, Post-Print, and Litho Lam;
• Printing 101;
• Understanding and Designing to Capabilities;
• Sustainable Corrugated Package Design and Material Selection; and
• Current Trends in Corrugated Packaging
Hands-on sessions include:
• Corrugated Structural and Graphic Design;
• Prototyping, Proofing, and Managing Expectations;
• Performance Testing and Analysis;
• Understanding Flexographic Print Capabilities; and
• Single, Multi, and Process Color Corrugated Package Printing
For more information and to register online, visit clemson.edu/sonoco_institute.